Welcome to Abandon, friends! Abandon is a semi-realistic wolf RP with a touch of magic and wonder. With a unique setting, open plot, quick joining, creative freedom, member-driven world-building, and friendly environment, we can't wait to see what sorts of stories you invent! We hope to attract other friendly, mature, and creative RPers.
Our Site Rules Please read all of the rules. There are not that many. The staff trusts our members to follow these rules. Repeated failures to adhere to the rules will result in a banning.
1. Respect- Treat others with courtesy and respect both on the site and in the cbox. Contact staff if you notice anything rather than trying to deal with it on your own. We will do our best to resolve the issues.
2. Literate RP - Please, write in complete sentences with proper grammar and spelling. We also expect well-fleshed out characters that stay in character and have both flaws and strengths. Also, create interesting and varied plots. There is no word count requirement. Write as much as you want or as little as you need. Write how you like.
3. No explicit scenes - While mature themes are allowed, please post tastefully. Explicitly detailed violent, gory, and pornographic scenes are absolutely not allowed. Abandon is rated 2/2/2 in the RPing Rating System. This means that we are a site that allows hard topics in our RPs, but ask that you RP them with sensitivity to the topic and to the readers of the threads.
4. One Account per Character - This site is one account per character + OOC account. Join with your OOC Account; post your application with your character's account. Please register your characters under their first name (if they have both a first and last name).
5. Practice Good RPing Etiquette - Use a posting order, ask to join threads which already have a few posts in, respect the limits your RPing partner may or may not have, inform your fellow RPers if you are lacking muse, refrain from powerplaying or godmoding.
6. All-Inclusive Environment - Abandon is LBTQ+ friendly. Feel free to join no matter how you or your character identifies. In addition, you are completely free to make a wolf of any kind of disorder or impairment or ability. Members are expected to play such characters with respect, sensitivity, and accuracy. While your characters are allowed to have prejudices and show intolerance, we have zero tolerance for that out of character.
7. Wait for Your Application to be Accepted Before RPing - Though the Application is short, make sure that your character concept is easy to identify. You may post WIP applications, but if they aren't updated in a week, they will be moved to archives. Members are encouraged to keep their Applications up-to-date. Applications are not replied to, but simply moved to the correct board or the member is PMed if there is an issue with the application.
8. Do not use Images which Stretch the Forum - Avatar recommended size is 150px (width) & 150px (height). Hover Image is 200px (width) & 300px (height). Signature size is max of 500px (width) & 300px (height). If you notice your images stretching the forum, either create a text link to the image itself or crop the image to fit the site.
9. Liquid Time - Abandon practices liquid time. This means that your character may be in multiple threads at once, but members are expected to keep track of the chronological order of their own threads. If you start a thread and then decide it works later in the timeline of your character's plots, go ahead and use it as a later thread.
10. Have Fun! - Please enjoy yourself here. Keep the atmosphere light out-of-character. If you are ever confused, do not hesitate to PM Staff or ask us in the chat.